Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does it take to process an application?It usually takes 2 -3 business days to process an application. The process entails a background check(criminal, civil, public & rental history) and verification employment.
- Is there an application fee?Yes. The application fee is $25.00 per applicant & $15.00 each additional occupant, 18 years or older. For example: 1st applicant, 2nd applicant (spouse/other), and one additional occupant 18 years old would equal a total fee of $65.00.
- Do I need to provide proof of income?We may ask you to provide a copy of your most recent year-to-date paystub or a copy of your current year Social Security/SSI benefit letter.
- Do you allow pets?We have a No Pet Policy. However, we occasionally waive this policy based on the property, the type of pet, how many pets and the applicants current & previous rental history. If we do allow a pet there is a one time non-refundable pet deposit. The pet deposit is half the amount of the security deposit. For example: Security deposit is $500.00, the pet deposit will be an additional $ 250.00.
- Does the Rental come with stove & refrigerator?Our homes do not come furnished with appliances. Our apartments & duplexes come with appliances unless otherwise stated in the property description. All of our homes do have hook-up for washer/dryer (applicant provides) and most are set up for an electric stove/oven. Again applicant/tenant provides their own appliances for the homes.
- Who pays for the utilities?The tenant is responsible for paying all the utilities (electric, gas, water & trash pick-up) on a home. If the rental property is an apartment or a duplex, the landlord may pay the water utility.
- Do you work with a tenant on the Security Deposit?No, the deposit and first month rent is due when the lease is signed.
- How much is a Security Deposit?The same amount as the monthly rent. And the deposit is not a substitute for the last month rent when a tenant moves out.
- How long is the lease term?The initial lease is a minimum of 12 months then it goes month-to-month. The initial 1year lease stays in effect until the tenant provides the landlord with a signed, 30 days in advance of move out, a Vacate Notice. If tenant does not provide a Vacate Notice, he/she forfeit the security deposit. If tenant moves out prior to completing the first twelve (12) months, he/she forfeits the security deposit and are still responsible for monthly rent until landlord re-rents the property.
- Do you have any Short Term rentals?We have 2 furnished Executive Apartments above our office, Klein Realty 404 N. 7th St., that can be rented on a Month-to-Month basis when available. The security deposit is equal to one month rent and is not a substitute to the last month rent. A signed, 30 days in advance to move-out date, Vacate Notice is required. Call our office to confirm availability. Applications are required.
- Do you have an application fee?Yes.
The application fees are $25 per applicant and $15 for each additional occupant 18 years of age or older.
Example: 1st and 2nd applicant, spouse or other, and one addition occupant, 18 years of age, would total a fee of $65.